What we will do with your data (pre-event):
· contact you by telephone or email concerning day-to-day administration, ie payment, checking mobile phone numbers, etc
· request outstanding information required from you
· inform you of late-breaking changes or news about the event
What we will do with your data (day of the event):
· All contestants and marshals will be issued with a list containing your name and running number. This is for tracking and safety purposes only and will not contain any other personal details such as email or telephone number.
· The race organisers (Steve and his wife Kathy only) will have your mobile number programmed into their phone should you need to be contacted during the day
· The race organisers (Steve and his wife Kathy only) will have a print-out of your personal details in list form, ie address and home telephone number. This list is in case of emergency and is destroyed after the event
What we will do with your data (post-event):
· Publish on our website your name, running number and finishing position. You can see what these results look like here
· Inform you by email when results and photographs have been posted on the website
· Inform you when the following year's event is open for bookings (all previous contestants get early notification).
What we will never do with your data:
· Sell or otherwise pass it on to a third party
· Send out information or flyers on behalf of a third party
· Give your data to another person for any reason
After the event you may request your details to be removed from our mailing list by emailing us at contact with "unsubscribe" as the subject, however details will remain on our database. Our aim always is to maintain the integrity and reputation of the Thames Meander whilst respecting the privacy of our participants.
We take all appropriate steps to protect the information that you send to us. If you send that information via the internet or by email you should be aware that it may not be completely secure from interception. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties who may intercept your internet or email communications.
By using our website you consent to the collection and use of your information in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
We do not use affiliate links anywhere on this website because it is not our intention to profit from any recommendations that we make.
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Whilst we have no control over third-party users of your information, we do not willingly offer private information (such as email addresses or other identifying information).